World War I Centennial 2018 Silver Dollar and Army Medal Sethttps://catalog.usmint.gov/world-war-i-centennial-2018-silver-dollar-and-army-medal-set-18CC_.html
- Small quantities now available! These units are from cancellations. Sales will not exceed orders placed during original order window.
- Commemorate the Centennial of America’s involvement in WWI
- Minted at the West Point and Philadelphia Mint
- Accompanied by a certificate of authenticity
- Commemorates the centennial of America’s involvement in World War I
- Minted at the Philadelphia and West Point Mints
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
To commemorate the centennial of America’s involvement in World War I and honor the over 4 million men and women from the United States who served. This set includes a proof silver dollar and a proof silver Army medal.
Obverse: The obverse design, titled “Soldier’s Charge,” depicts an almost stone-like soldier gripping a rifle. Barbed wire twines in the lower right hand side of the design. Inscriptions include “LIBERTY,” “1918,” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.”
Reverse: The reverse design, titled “Poppies in the Wire,” features abstract poppies mixed in with barbed wire. Inscriptions include “ONE DOLLAR,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.”
Obverse: The obverse design depicts a soldier cutting through German barbed wire while a second soldier aims a rifle amid a shattered landscape of broken trees and cratered earth. A shell explodes in the distance.
Reverse: The reverse design depicts the United States Army emblem, which was also in use during World War I. Inscriptions include “OVER THERE!,” “CENTENNIAL OF WORLD WAR I,” “2018,” and “UNITED STATES ARMY.”
|Denomination (Coin Only):||Dollar|
|Composition:||90% Silver, 10% Copper|
|Edge:||Coin/Reeded - Medal/Plain|
|Coin Mint and Mint Mark:||Philadelphia - P|
|Medal Mint and Mint Mark:||West Point - W|