World War I Centennial 2018 Silver Dollar and Air Service Medal Sethttps://catalog.usmint.gov/world-war-i-centennial-2018-silver-dollar-and-air-service-medal-set-18CD_.html
- Small quantities now available! These units are from cancellations. Sales will not exceed orders placed during original order window.
- Commemorate the Centennial of America’s involvement in WWI
- Minted at the Philadelphia Mint/Denver Mint
- Accompanied by a certificate of authenticity
- Commemorates the centennial of America’s involvement in World War I
- Minted at the Philadelphia and Denver Mints
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
To commemorate the centennial of America’s involvement in World War I and honor the over 4 million men and women from the United States who served. This set includes a proof silver dollar and a proof silver Air Service Medal.
Obverse: The obverse design, titled “Soldier’s Charge,” depicts an almost stone-like soldier gripping a rifle. Barbed wire twines in the lower right hand side of the design. Inscriptions include “LIBERTY,” “1918,” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.”
Reverse: The reverse design, titled “Poppies in the Wire,” features abstract poppies mixed in with barbed wire. Inscriptions include “ONE DOLLAR,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.”
Obverse: The obverse design depicts an iconic SPAD XIII, a World War I fighter flown by many Americans and valued for its speed, strength, and firepower, viewed from the top and side. The inscription “SPAD XIII” identifies the aircraft.
Reverse: The reverse designs depicts the Military Aviator Insignia. Inscriptions include “CENTENNIAL OF WORLD WAR I,” “2018,” “OVER THERE!,” “AIR SERVICE,” and “AMERICAN EXPEDITIONARY FORCES.”
|Denomination (Coin Only):||Dollar|
|Composition:||90% Silver, 10% Copper|
|Edge:||Coin/Reeded - Medal/Plain|
|Coin Mint and Mint Mark:||Philadelphia - P|
|Medal Mint and Mint Mark:||Denver - D|