Silver Proof Set 2022
The 2022 United States Mint Silver Proof Set® contains 10 brilliant proof coins, each bearing the “S” mint mark of the United States Mint at San Francisco.
- A perfect gift for special achievements, promotions, graduations, and more!
The 2022 Silver Proof Set features five 99.9% fine silver proof quarters from the American Women Quarters™ Program honoring:
- Maya Angelou – celebrated writer, performer, and social activist
- Dr. Sally Ride – physicist and first American woman in space
- Wilma Mankiller – first woman to be principal chief of the Cherokee Nation
- Nina Otero-Warren – a leader in New Mexico’s suffrage movement
- Anna May Wong – first Chinese American woman to be a Hollywood film star, director, and producer
- Each set contains 1.473 troy ounces of fine silver and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity
The 2022 United States Mint Silver Proof Set features 10 proof coins encased in two clear plastic lenses in a beautifully designed package you’ll be proud to display. The 2022 Silver Proof Set is a great addition to any collection.
The 2022 Silver Proof Set includes the following coins:
- All five 2022 American Women Quarters packaged in their own protective lens to showcase and maintain their exceptional silver proof finish.
This set is the first annual release in the new four-year series celebrating the accomplishments and contributions made by prominent women to the development and history of the U.S. Beginning in 2022, and continuing through 2025, the Mint will issue five new quarters each year featuring reverse designs honoring prominent American women.
Each coin in this series features a common obverse (heads) design depicting a portrait of George Washington. This design was originally composed and sculpted by Laura Gardin Fraser as a candidate entry for the 1932 quarter, which honored the bicentennial of George Washington’s birth. Inscriptions are “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and “2022.”
The American Women Quarters reverse (tails) designs honor diverse and notable American women who made significant contributions in a variety of fields, including suffrage, civil rights, abolition, government, humanities, science, space, and the arts. The women honored are from ethnically, racially, and geographically diverse backgrounds.
The 2022 reverse (tails) designs of these coins honor these American Women:
The design depicts Maya Angelou with her arms uplifted. Behind her are a bird in flight and a rising sun, images inspired by her poetry and symbolic of the way she lived. The silhouette of the bird depicts a purple martin, a songbird common to her birthplace. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “MAYA ANGELOU,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and “QUARTER DOLLAR.”
The design depicts Dr. Sally Ride next to a window on the space shuttle, inspired by her quote, “But when I wasn’t working, I was usually at a window looking down at Earth.” The inscription “E PLURIBUS UNUM” is intentionally positioned over the Earth next to America, indicating that out of all women in the U.S., she was the first into space. Additional inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “QUARTER DOLLAR,” and “DR. SALLY RIDE.”
This design depicts Wilma Mankiller with a resolute gaze to the future. The wind is at her back, and she is wrapped in a traditional shawl. To her left is the seven-pointed star of the Cherokee Nation. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “QUARTER DOLLAR,” “WILMA MANKILLER,” “PRINCIPAL CHIEF,” and the name of the Cherokee Nation written in the Cherokee syllabary.
This design features an image of Adelina (Nina) Otero-Warren on the left, flanked by three individual Yucca flowers—New Mexico’s state flower. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “QUARTER DOLLAR,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “NINA OTERO-WARREN,” and “VOTO PARA LA MUJER,” the Spanish counterpart for the suffragist slogan “Votes for Women.”
Anna May Wong
This design features a close-up image of Anna May Wong with her head resting on her hand, surrounded by the bright lights of a marquee sign. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “QUARTER DOLLAR,” and “ANNA MAY WONG.”
- One Native American $1 Coin. The obverse retains the central figure of Sacagawea carrying her infant son, Jean-Baptiste. Inscriptions are “LIBERTY” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.” The latest reverse design features Ely S. Parker, depicted in an Army uniform, serving as military secretary to General Ulysses S. Grant during the Civil War. During the surrender at Appomattox, Parker rendered formal surrender documents in his own hand. He is shown with a quill pen, book, and likeness of his signature—symbols of his experience as an expert communicator and his graceful penmanship. The inscriptions “TONAWANDA SENECA” and “HA-SA-NO-AN-DA” recognize his tribe and birth name. Additional inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and “$1.” The year of minting, mint mark, and “E PLURIBUS UNUM” are incused on the edge.
- One Kennedy Half Dollar
- One Roosevelt dime
- One Jefferson nickel
- One Lincoln penny
The quarters, dime, and half dollar are struck in 99.9 percent silver.
The set is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
The 2022 United States Mint Silver Proof Set is a must-have for any collection. For gift givers, this set makes a unique and stunning gift for all ages and celebrations— one sure to make anyone smile.
|Denomination:||Penny||Nickel||Dime||Quarters (each)||Half Dollar||Native American $1 Coin|
|Composition:||2.5% copper, balance, zinc||25% nickel, balance, copper||99.9% silver||99.9% silver||99.9% silver||6% zinc, 3.5% manganese, 2% nickel, balance copper|
|Weight/Silver Fine Weight:||2.500 grams||5.000 grams||0.079 troy oz.||0.199 troy oz.||0.399 troy oz.||8.100
|Diameter:||0.750 inch (19.05 mm)||0.835 inch (21.21 mm)||0.705 inch (17.91 mm)||0.955 inch (24.26 mm)||1.205 inches (30.61 mm)||1.043
|Mint and Mint Mark:||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San