Proof sets are more than coins – they’re time capsules of American art, history, and values. These sets have been a cherished tradition for collectors since their introduction in 1936. Featuring all circulating coins from 2023 in a brilliant proof finish, this set is essential for many collectors. Their proof finish emphasizes the beauty of the coins with an enhanced frosted foreground and brilliant gleaming background, differentiating them from standard circulating coins.
This set includes this year’s five American Women Quarters™, the Kennedy Half Dollar, Native American $1 Coin, Jefferson Nickel, Roosevelt Dime, and Lincoln Penny.
Each set was struck at the United States Mint in San Francisco and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
This year’s American Women Quarters Program honor:
- Bessie Coleman – pilot, advocate, and pioneer who flew to great heights as the first African American and first Native American woman pilot, and first African American to earn an international pilot’s license
- Edith Kanakaʻole – indigenous Hawaiian composer, chanter, kumu hula, custodian of native culture, traditions, and the natural land
- Eleanor Roosevelt – first lady, author, civil liberties and human rights advocate, Chairperson of the United Nations Human Rights Commission, instrumental in the passage of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Jovita Idar – Mexican-American journalist, activist, teacher, community organizer, champion of bi-lingual education, and suffragist
- Maria Tallchief – America’s first major prima ballerina who broke barriers as a Native American ballerina