Peace 2021 Silver Dollarhttps://catalog.usmint.gov/peace-2021-silver-dollar-21XH.html
- Due to the extraordinary volume of web traffic during the first pre-order window for the 2021 Morgan Dollars with Carson City privy mark (21XC) and New Orleans privy mark (21XD), we are postponing the pre-order windows for the remaining 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars while improvements in web traffic management are implemented to enhance the customer experience. We will announce revised pre-order launch dates as soon as possible.
- Marks 100th anniversary of first ‘‘Peace Dollar’’
- Designed by Anthony de Francisci
- 0.858 troy oz. of .999 fine silver with an uncirculated finish
- Pre-ordering window TBD
- Product shipments will begin in October
Sign up for Alerts
You are now signed up for email and text message. You will receive a reminder email and text message when the product is available.
In December 1921, the new Peace Dollar was approved by Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon, replacing the Morgan Dollar and marking peace between the U.S. and Germany. More than 1 million of the coins had been struck by the end of the year. The new silver dollar was designed by renowned Italian American Sculptor Anthony de Francisci (1887 - 1964) and minted until 1935.
The Peace Dollar symbolized the country’s coming of age as an international power, while recognizing the sacrifices made by its citizens in World War I and celebrating victory and peace. In honor of the 100th anniversary of this iconic silver dollar, the United States Mint is proud to present the 2021 Peace Dollar. This rendition was created through the use of modern technology and historical U.S. Mint assets. It has a beautiful uncirculated finish.
The obverse features Liberty in profile, a radiant crown on her head. Obverse inscriptions are “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and the year of issuance.
The reverse depicts an eagle at rest holding an olive branch above the inscription “PEACE.” Additional inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and “ONE DOLLAR.”
Each coin is packaged in an elegant black box, with a special outer sleeve adorned with a beautiful image of the coin obverse and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
This uncirculated 2021 Peace Dollar—rendered in lustrous 99.9% silver—is sure to be a collector favorite for years to come.
|Silver Weight:||0.858 troy oz.|
|Diameter:||1.500 inches (38.10 mm)|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||Philadelphia - none|