Negro Leagues Baseball 2022 Proof Silver Dollar with Privy Mark
- The privy mark shaped like a diamond showing “100” alludes to a baseball diamond represents the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Negro National Leagues.
- Standard product sales will be in effect for pre-orders at noon (ET) on January 6, 2022, until the expected shipping date of April 27, 2022.
- Introductory pricing will be in effect for single coin options starting at noon (ET) on January 6, 2022, with regular pricing starting February 7, 2022, at 3:00 PM (ET).
- Please make sure your credit card is not scheduled to expire prior to the shipping date to ensure prompt delivery of your order.
- Minted at the Philadelphia Mint
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
The Negro Leagues Baseball Commemorative Coins are being minted in honor of the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Negro National League, a professional baseball league formed in response to African-American players being banned from the major leagues. The design of these coins per Public Law 116-209 states that the coins shall be emblematic of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and its mission to promote tolerance, diversity, and inclusion.
Obverse: A depiction of a pitcher in mid-throw with the baseball in the foreground and baseball stitching as a border. Inscriptions are “IN GOD WE TRUST,” “2022,” and “LIBERTY.” A special privy mark is included on the left side of the coin’s obverse underneath the pitcher’s raised right knee. The centennial anniversary of the Negro Leagues is represented by “100,” with the stylized diamond shape alluding to a baseball diamond. The year 2020 marked the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Negro National League.
Reverse: Depicts a player’s eye view of a pitch being delivered to the catcher at the plate. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “$1,” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
Surcharges in the amount of $10 for each silver dollar coin sold are authorized to be paid to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum for educational and outreach programs and exhibits.
|Weight:||0.859 troy oz.|
|Diameter:||1.500 inches/38.10 mm|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||Philadelphia - P|