Roll over image to zoom in
Negro Leagues Baseball 2022 Proof Silver Dollar
Commemorative Coin Program
- Standard product sales will be in effect for pre-orders at noon (ET) on January 6, 2022, until the expected shipping date of April 27, 2022.
- Introductory pricing will be in effect for single coin options starting at noon (ET) on January 6, 2022, with regular pricing starting February 7, 2022, at 3:00 PM (ET).
- Please make sure your credit card is not scheduled to expire prior to the shipping date to ensure prompt delivery of your order.
- Minted at the Philadelphia Mint
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Item Number: 22CK
Mintage Limit: 400,000 (across all options)
Product Limit: None
Household Order Limit: None
How Subscriptions Work
When you subscribe, it is easy to stay current on your favorite products.
We will send email notifications to subscribers 30 days before the scheduled release of the next product. Cancel at any time.
All subscriptions receive free budget shipping. All you have to do is wait worry-free for the newest coin released to arrive on your doorstep.
To ensure uninterrupted delivery of the products in your subscription, a valid credit card is required.
Still not sure about subscriptions? Read Our FAQ
The Negro Leagues Baseball Commemorative Coins are being minted in honor of the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Negro National League, a professional baseball league formed in response to African-American players being banned from the major leagues. Public Law 116-209, which authorized the commemorative coin program, requires the coins to be emblematic of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and its mission to promote tolerance, diversity, and inclusion.
Obverse: A depiction of a pitcher in mid-throw with the baseball in the foreground and baseball stitching as a border. Inscriptions are “IN GOD WE TRUST,” “2022,” and “LIBERTY.”
Reverse: Depicts a player’s eye view of a pitch being delivered to the catcher at the plate. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “$1,” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
Surcharges in the amount of $10 for each silver dollar sold are authorized to be paid to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum for educational and outreach programs and exhibits.
|Denomination: ||Dollar |
|Finish: ||Proof |
|Composition: ||99.9% Silver |
|Weight: ||0.859 troy oz. |
|Diameter: ||1.500 inches/38.10 mm |
|Mint and Mint Mark: ||Philadelphia - P|
|Privy Mark: ||N/A|