Negro Leagues Baseball 2022 Proof Half Dollar
- Standard product sales will be in effect for pre-orders at noon (ET) on January 6, 2022, until the expected shipping date of April 27, 2022.
- Introductory pricing will be in effect for single coin options starting at noon (ET) on January 6, 2022, with regular pricing starting February 7, 2022, at 3:00 PM (ET).
- Please make sure your credit card is not scheduled to expire prior to the shipping date to ensure prompt delivery of your order.
- Minted at the San Francisco Mint
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
The Negro Leagues Baseball Commemorative Coins are being minted in honor of the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Negro National League, a professional baseball league formed in response to African-American players being banned from the major leagues. Public Law 116-209, which authorized the commemorative coin program, requires the coins to be emblematic of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and its mission to promote tolerance, diversity, and inclusion.
Obverse: Depicts a Negro Leagues tour bus that served as their home on the road when players were refused entry to hotels and restaurants. The batter exemplifies the determination to play the game he loves, regardless of challenging circumstances. Inscriptions are “IN GOD WE TRUST,” “LIBERTY,” “2022,” and “NEGRO LEAGUES BASEBALL.”
Reverse: This design shows a group of five Negro Leagues Baseball players. Inscriptions are “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “HALF DOLLAR,” and “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.”
Surcharges in the amount of $5 for each half dollar sold are authorized to be paid to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum for educational and outreach programs and exhibits.
|Composition:||8.33% Nickel, Balance Copper|
|Diameter:||1.205 inches/30.61 mm|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||San Francisco - S|