Morgan 2021 Silver Dollarhttps://catalog.usmint.gov/morgan-2021-silver-dollar-21XE.html
- Due to the extraordinary volume of web traffic during the first pre-order window for the 2021 Morgan Dollars with Carson City privy mark (21XC) and New Orleans privy mark (21XD), we are postponing the pre-order windows for the remaining 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars while improvements in web traffic management are implemented to enhance the customer experience. We will announce revised pre-order launch dates as soon as possible.
- 100th anniversary of the last year of the ‘‘Morgan Dollar’’
- Designed by George T. Morgan
- 0.858 troy oz. of .999 fine silver with an uncirculated finish
- Pre-ordering window TBD
- Product shipments will begin in October
Sign up for Alerts
You are now signed up for email and text message. You will receive a reminder email and text message when the product is available.
The Morgan Dollar was designed by Mint Chief Engraver George T. Morgan (1845-1925) and was minted from 1878 to 1904, and again in 1921. This iconic silver dollar represented the country’s westward expansion and industrial development in the late 19th century.
In honor of the 100th anniversary of the last year of the ‘Morgan Dollar’ the United States Mint is proud to present the 2021 Morgan Dollar, created through the use of modern technology and historical U.S. Mint assets. It has a beautiful uncirculated finish.
The obverse features Liberty in profile. A cap, flora, and a crown incused with the word “LIBERTY” adorn her head, while 13 stars, “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and the date of issuance encircle her.
The reverse depicts an eagle with outstretched wings clasping arrows and an olive branch, accompanied by a wreath. Reverse inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and “ONE DOLLAR.”
Each coin is packaged in an elegant black box, with a beautiful outer sleeve adorned with an image of the coin obverse and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
This uncirculated 2021 Morgan Dollar—rendered in lustrous 99.9% silver—is sure to be a collector favorite for years to come.
|Silver Weight:||0.858 troy oz.|
|Diameter:||1.500 inches (38.10 mm)|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||Philadelphia - none|