American Innovation 2019 $1 Reverse Proof Coin - Delawarehttps://catalog.usmint.gov/american-innovation-2019-1-reverse-proof-coin-delaware-19GE.html
- The 2019 American Innovation $1 Reverse Proof Coins celebrate and honor significant innovation and pioneering efforts of individuals or groups in each of the 50 States, District of Columbia, and U.S. territories.
- Delaware is the first state to be featured in 2019.
- A beautiful reverse proof coin featuring an inverted proof finish. The background is frosted, while all design elements are polished to the same mirror-like finish.
- Minted at the U.S. Mint at San Francisco
- Stylish and informational four-panel envelope packaging with imbedded Certificate of Authenticity and protective outer sleeve
Sign up for Alerts
You are now signed up for email and text message. You will receive a reminder email and text message when the product is available.
The United States Mint American Innovation $1 Coin Program is a multi-year series to honor innovation and innovators with $1 coins from each State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Islands.
The United States Mint is proud to celebrate innovation and honor the spirit of America with the 2019 American Innovation $1 Reverse Proof Coin from the State of Delaware— the first of four to be released in 2019. It features Annie Jump Cannon, a Delaware-born internationally recognized astronomer who invented a system for classifying stars still in use today.
The reverse design features a silhouette of Annie Jump Cannon against the night sky, with a number of stars visible. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “ANNIE JUMP CANNON,” “CLASSIFYING THE STARS,” and “DELAWARE.”
The obverse design features a dramatic representation of the Statue of Liberty in profile with the inscriptions “IN GOD WE TRUST” and “$1.” The obverse also includes a privy mark of a stylized gear, representing industry and innovation.
The edge-incused inscriptions are “2019,” “S” mint mark, and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
|Composition:||6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese, 2% Nickel, Balance Copper|
|Diameter:||1.043 inches (26.49 mm)|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||San Francisco – S|