American Innovation $1 Coin 2021 Reverse Proof Sethttps://catalog.usmint.gov/american-innovation-1-coin-2021-reverse-proof-set-21GC.html
- New in 2021! The American Innovation $1 Coin Reverse Proof Set™
- Features four coins celebrating significant innovations and/or innovators in New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, and North Carolina
- Four beautiful coins with stunning reverse proof finishes
- Minted at the U.S. Mint at San Francisco
- Accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity
Sign up for Alerts
You are now signed up for email and text message. You will receive a reminder email and text message when the product is available.
The American Innovation® $1 Coin Program is a multi-year series featuring distinctive reverse (tails) designs that pay homage to America’s ingenuity and celebrate the pioneering efforts of individuals or groups from each of the 50 States, District of Columbia, and U.S. territories.
One of the Nation’s greatest strengths is its entrepreneurial spirit and the remarkable innovation and discovery it unleashes. The United States Mint is proud to celebrate innovation, honor the spirit of America, and introduce the 2021 American Innovation $1 Coin Reverse Proof Set.
The 2021 American Innovation $1 Coin Reverse Proof Set features four stunning coins encased in a clear plastic lens in a beautifully designed package. This handsome set celebrating innovations in New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, and North Carolina will make a great addition to any collection or the perfect gift for a special occasion.
Reverse proof coins feature frosted backgrounds and brilliant, mirror-like finishes, creating a magnificent contrast.
The 2021 American Innovation $1 Coin Reverse Proof Set features the following designs:
- The common obverse (heads) of each coin features a dramatic representation of the Statue of Liberty in profile with the inscriptions “IN GOD WE TRUST” and “$1.” The design by Justin Kunz also includes a privy mark of a stylized gear, representing industry and innovation. The edge-incused inscriptions are “2021,” “S” mint mark, and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
- New Hampshire: The reverse (tails) design by Christina Hess depicts Ralph Baer’s brown box game “Handball” on the right side of the coin. The left side of the coin features “NEW HAMPSHIRE” and “PLAYER 1” on an incused background. “IN HOME VIDEO GAME SYSTEM” and “RALPH BAER” encircles the outside of the coin in a text that is meant to pay homage to Ralph Baer’s Odyssey game. The additional inscription is "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA." The design of the coin is also symbolic of an arcade token.
- Virginia: The reverse (tails) design by Matt Swaim depicts a view of the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel as a cross section cut-away, illustrating the ingenuity involved in constructing it. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and “VIRGINIA.”
- New York: The reverse design by Ronald D. Sanders depicts a packet boat being pulled from a city in the East toward the country areas to the West. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and “NEW YORK.”
- North Carolina: The reverse design by Ronald D. Sanders features a stack of three textbooks with “FIRST PUBLIC UNIVERSITY” on the spine of the middle book. A lamp of knowledge is perched atop the books, and olive branches curve around the edge of the design. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and “NORTH CAROLINA.”
The 2021 American Innovation $1 Coin Reverse Proof Set makes a unique, educational addition to any coin collection.
|Composition:||6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese, 2% Nickel, Balance Copper|
|Diameter:||1.043 inches (26.49 mm)|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||San Francisco – S|