American Eagle 2022 One Ounce Gold Proof Coin
- The 2022 American Eagle One Ounce Gold Proof Coin is crafted with the highest degree of detail
- In addition to a new reverse design, legacy elements were restored in 2021 for the obverse design, including modifications to the Capitol Building, stars, torch, and sun rays based on the original bronze cast
- Includes anti-counterfeit variable edge reeding
- Minted at the West Point Mint
- Quantities are limited—don’t miss your opportunity to add this stunning coin to your collection!
Sign up for Alerts
You are now signed up for email and text message. You will receive a reminder email and text message when the product is available.
Don’t miss your chance to purchase the 2022 American Eagle One Ounce Gold Proof Coin minted at West Point! After 35 years, its design was updated in 2021. This is your opportunity to add this signature piece to your collection.
The obverse design features Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full-length figure of Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The United States Mint returned to its original historical assets to render a closer reflection of Saint- Gaudens’ original vision and detail in the current design thanks to technological advancements.
The new reverse features a portrayal of a majestic eagle. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "IN GOD WE TRUST," "50 DOLLARS," and "1 OZ. FINE GOLD."
To complement these stunning designs, each coin is encapsulated and placed in a black presentation case with the United States Mint seal on the lid. The case fits into an outer sleeve with a beautiful gold foil image of Liberty. The case includes a certificate of authenticity with matching imagery.
Struck in 22-karat gold and exquisitely crafted, this elegant coin is sure to be cherished by collectors around the world.
|Composition:||91.67% gold, 3% silver, balance copper|
|Gold Fine Weight:||1.000 troy ounce|
|Diameter:||1.287 inches (32.70 mm)|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||West Point – W|