American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin
- While the Mint works to improve and enhance the customer experience during high demand product launches, we are postponing the on sale date for this product to July 20, 2021.
- After 35 years, this classic and popular coin was updated with an enhanced obverse design and brand new reverse.
- Thanks to modern design technology, the updated obverse is a closer reflection of Weinman’s original vision and includes the addition of his traditional artist mark.
- One troy ounce of .999 fine silver
- Enhanced security features include an anti-counterfeit reeded edge variation
- Minted at the West Point Mint
Sign up for Alerts
You are now signed up for email and text message. You will receive a reminder email and text message when the product is available.
Introduced in 1986, the popular and now-iconic American Eagle Silver Proof Coins are collector versions of the official United States Mint American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins. These popular silver collectibles are struck at the United States Mint, West Point, NY. The classic Walking Liberty design by Adolph A. Weinman featured on the coin’s obverse has long been a collector favorite. After 35 years, this famous design has been refreshed. Thanks to technological advancements in the design and minting process, Liberty now encompasses some of Weinman’s original details that were not previously possible.
The reverse design is new. To give the new coins an added level of security, they have also been updated with enhanced security features, including a reeded edge variation.
The obverse (heads) features a refreshed depiction of Adolph A. Weinman’s full-length figure of Liberty in full stride, enveloped in folds of the flag, with her right hand extended and branches of laurel and oak in her left. For the 2021 coin, the United States Mint returned to its original historical assets to render a closer reflection of Weinman’s original vision that includes the addition of his traditional artist mark.
The new reverse (tails) design features an eagle as it approaches a landing, carrying an oak branch, as if to add it to a nest. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "1 OZ. FINE SILVER," and "ONE DOLLAR."
Each coin bears the “W” mint mark reflecting its striking at the West Point Mint. To complement this new coin design, the coin is encapsulated and placed in an elegant black presentation box adorned with the United States Mint seal, with an outer sleeve incorporating an image of the new reverse coin design. It is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity bearing an image of the obverse.
Whether starting a new collection or expanding your existing one, don’t miss your chance to be among the first to own the stunning 2021 redesigned American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin! Inventories are limited!
|Weight:||1.000 troy oz.|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||West Point - W|