American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Gold Proof Coin
- While the Mint works to improve and enhance the customer experience during high demand product launches, we are postponing the on sale date for this product to July 29, 2021.
- For the first time in more than three decades, this American Eagle One Ounce Gold Proof Coin features a new reverse design, crafted in the highest degree of detail, with a stunning portrayal of an eagle.
- Legacy details have been restored for the obverse design to include modifications to the Capitol Building, stars, torch, sun rays, and other design elements based on the original bronze cast.
- Among the new features is an anti-counterfeit reeded edge variation.
- Minted at the West Point Mint
- Quantities are limited—Don’t miss your opportunity to get the first coin featuring the new design or start a brand new collection!
Don’t miss your chance to purchase the first issue of this newly designed 2021 American Eagle One Ounce Gold Proof Coin! After 35 years, the design has been updated, and this is your opportunity to start a brand new collection with the first of this new design minted at the West Point Mint.
The obverse design features Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full-length figure of Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. For the 2021 coin, the United States Mint returned to its original historical assets in 2020 to render a closer reflection of Saint-Gaudens’ original vision and detail.
The newly designed reverse features a portrayal of an eagle. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "IN GOD WE TRUST," "50 DOLLARS," and "1 OZ. FINE GOLD."
Struck in 22-karat gold and exquisitely crafted, this new design is sure to be cherished by collectors around the world.
To complement this new coin design, the coin is encapsulated and placed in a black presentation case with the United States Mint seal on the lid. The case fits into an outer sleeve incorporating an image of the reverse coin design, and the accompanying Certificate of Authenticity includes artwork of the obverse design.
|Composition:||91.67% Gold, 3% Silver, Balance Copper|
|Diameter:||1.287 inches (32.70 mm)|
|Weight:||1.0909 troy oz. (33.931 grams)|
|Mint and Mint Mark:||West Point – W|