First offered in 2012, this product’s packaging was improved for 2013 to better secure the coins in the set and protect the lenses.
This set contains eight 2013-dated coins in stunning silver proof quality and includes one American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin, five quarters from the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program, one Kennedy half-dollar and one Roosevelt dime displayed in a unique protective lens and presentation case.
The American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin is a collector version of the official United States Mint American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin.
Each coin in the quarter series features a common obverse (heads) with the 1932 portrait of George Washington by John Flanagan, restored to bring out subtle details and the beauty of the original model. Inscriptions are UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, LIBERTY, IN GOD WE TRUST and QUARTER DOLLAR.
The 2013 reverses (tails) of these coins honor the sites below with the following designs:
- White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire:
- This design depicts Mt. Chocorua, the easternmost peak of the Sandwich Range, framed by birch trees. It is an iconic view of the White Mountain National Forest system lands. Inscriptions are WHITE MOUNTAIN, NEW HAMPSHIRE, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial in Ohio:
- This design features the statue of Master Commandant Oliver Hazard Perry with the Peace Memorial located in the distance. The memorial is one of the tallest of its kind in the U.S. Inscriptions are PERRY’S VICTORY, OHIO, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Great Basin National Park in Nevada:
- This design features the beauty and unique qualities of a single Bristlecone Pine tree and shows the rocky glacial moraines where the trees grow. These trees grow at higher elevation in the park and are some of the world’s oldest. The park contains numerous Bristlecone Pine groves with trees older than 4,000 years. Inscriptions are GREAT BASIN, NEVADA, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine in Maryland:
- The design represents the site during the “Defenders Day” celebration, considered the centerpiece annual event held at Fort McHenry. The fireworks symbolize the “rocket’s red glare,” linking the fort to its historic past. Inscriptions are FORT McHENRY, MARYLAND, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial in South Dakota:
- This design was inspired by photos of men who are adding the final details to Thomas Jefferson’s face. Mount Rushmore was featured on three 1991 Mount Rushmore Golden Anniversary Commemorative Coins and on the 2006 South Dakota quarter issued under the 50 State Quarters® Program. This new design is distinctly different and offers a unique and educational perspective on how Mount Rushmore was created and sculpted. Inscriptions are MOUNT RUSHMORE, SOUTH DAKOTA, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
There are no design changes to the Kennedy half-dollar and Roosevelt dime.
This is the second year of the United States Mint Limited Edition Silver Proof Set.
United States Mint proof coins feature sharp relief and a mirror-like background. Their frosted, sculpted foregrounds give them a special cameo effect. Proof blanks are specially treated, polished and cleaned to ensure high quality strikes. The blanks are then fed into presses fitted with specially polished dies and struck at least twice to ensure sharp relief. The coins are then packaged in a protective lens to showcase and maintain their exceptional finish.
|Specification Name||Specification Value||Specification Value||Specification Value||Specification Value|
|Denomination||Dime||Quarters||Half-dollar||American Eagle One Ounce Silver Proof Coin|
|Composition||90% Silver, Balance Copper||90% Silver, Balance Copper||90% Silver, Balance Copper||99.9% Silver, Balance Copper|
|Weight||2.500 grams||6.250 grams||12.500 grams||1.0000 troy oz. |
|Diameter:||0.705 inch (17.9 mm)||0.955 inch |
|1.205 inches (30.61 mm)||1.598 inches |
|Mint and Mint Mark||San Francisco - S||San Francisco - S||San Francisco - S||West Point - W|
On Sale Date: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time December 12, 2013, at 12 noon (ET), shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored. This product will be available until sell-out.
Credit Card: If paying by credit card, please be sure your credit card information remains current to avoid any delays in processing your order. If your credit card has expired by the time of shipment, your order will be cancelled. To update credit card information after an order has been placed, you must call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).Shipping: Shipping is expected to begin in the first quarter of CY2014. Please check our website for the latest shipping information.