This set features all five of the 2013 America the Beautiful Quarters® struck in silver in proof condition, protectively encased in a clear plastic lens and newly designed packaging. Each coin is struck in 90 percent silver, also known as “coin silver.” United States Mint proof coins feature sharp relief and a mirror-like background. Their frosted, sculpted foregrounds give them a special cameo effect. Proof blanks are specially treated, polished and cleaned to ensure high quality strikes. The blanks are then fed into presses fitted with specially polished dies and struck at least twice to ensure sharp relief. The coins are then packaged in a protective lens to showcase and maintain their exceptional finish.
The 2013 edition of the United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set features the fourth annual release of five quarters in the America the Beautiful Quarters Program.
Each coin in this series features a common obverse (heads side) with the 1932 portrait of George Washington by John Flanagan, restored to bring out subtle details and the beauty of the original model. Inscriptions are UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, LIBERTY, IN GOD WE TRUST and QUARTER DOLLAR.
The 2013 reverse (tails side) of these coins honor the sites below with the following designs:
- White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire:
- This design depicts Mt. Chocorua, the easternmost peak of the Sandwich Range, framed by birch trees. It is an iconic view of the White Mountain National Forest system lands. Inscriptions are WHITE MOUNTAIN, NEW HAMPSHIRE, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial in Ohio:
- This design features the statue of Master Commandant Oliver Hazard Perry with the Peace Memorial located in the distance. The memorial is one of the tallest of its kind in the U.S. Inscriptions are PERRY’S VICTORY, OHIO, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Great Basin National Park in Nevada:
- This design features the beauty and unique qualities of a single Bristlecone Pine tree and shows the rocky glacial moraines where the trees grow. These trees grow at higher elevation in the park and are some of the world’s oldest. The park contains numerous Bristlecone Pine groves with trees older than 4,000 years. Inscriptions are GREAT BASIN, NEVADA, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine in Maryland:
- The design represents the site during the “Defenders Day” celebration, considered the centerpiece annual event held at Fort McHenry. The fireworks symbolize the “rocket’s red glare,” linking the fort to its historic past. Inscriptions are FORT McHENRY, MARYLAND, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial in South Dakota:
- This design was inspired by photos of men who are adding the final details to Thomas Jefferson’s face. Mount Rushmore was featured on three 1991 Mount Rushmore Golden Anniversary Commemorative Coins and on the 2006 South Dakota quarter issued under the 50 State Quarters® Program. This new design is distinctly different and offers a unique and educational perspective on how Mount Rushmore was created and sculpted. Inscriptions are MOUNT RUSHMORE, SOUTH DAKOTA, 2013 and E PLURIBUS UNUM.
The United States Mint launched the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program in 2010. The 12-year initiative includes 56 quarters featuring reverse designs depicting some of our most cherished national parks and other national sites. The United States Mint will issue five new quarter designs per year, with one final design in 2021. The fourth year of the program, 2013, features the fourth group of five quarters in the series.
|Specification Name||Specification Value|
|Composition|| 90% Silver,|
|Mint and Mint Mark||San Francisco - S|
|Coins included in this set are five America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coins.|
On-Sale Date: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, any order placed prior to the official on-sale date and time of January 8, 2013, at 12 noon (ET) shall not be deemed accepted by the United States Mint and will not be honored. This product will be available until December 2014 or until sold out, whichever is first.
Credit Card: If paying by credit card, please be sure your credit card information remains current to avoid any delays in processing your order. If your credit card has expired by the time of shipment, your order will be cancelled. To update credit card information after an order has been placed, you must call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
Shipping: Please allow one to two (1-2) weeks for shipping of in-stock products.