Frequently Asked Questions
Payment in U.S. dollars must accompany all orders.
- Orders placed online can be paid using credit cards and United States Mint issued E-Gift Certificates.
- Orders placed via mail can be paid using credit cards, checks, or money orders.
- Orders placed via telephone can be paid using credit cards, United States Mint issued E-Gift Certificates, or a wire transfer.
- Orders placed using debit cards with customer PIN entry.
- Bulk Customer orders which total less than $24,999.99 can be paid using a credit card or wire transfer.
- Bulk Customer orders that total $24,999.99 or more must be paid using a wire transfer.
The following credit cards are accepted:
- American Express
We do not accept payments through debit cards, unless when issued as check cards with a VISA or MasterCard logo.
Checks and money orders should be made payable to "United States Mint". Mail your order to:
United States Mint
PO Box 71191
Philadelphia, PA 19176-6191
Check payments may be converted into an electronic funds transfer (EFT). This means we will copy your check and use the account information on it to electronically debit your account for the amount of the check. The debit from your account will usually occur within 24 hours, and will be shown on your regular account statement. You will not receive your original check back. We will destroy your original check, but we will keep the copy of it. If the EFT cannot be processed for technical reasons, you authorize us to process the copy in place of your original check. If the EFT cannot be completed, we may try to make the transfer up to two times.